Oreo Macaron
















1st Tray

1st Tray:

150℃ for 15 mins

Rested for 20 mins

Oven Setting: Gratin
(Top heating element + fan)

• • • • • •

Observation

(1)
Macaron Surface didn't burn

(2)
Feet was perfect & then started having minor holes after the 8th minute

(3)
Bottom bit soft. Should leave it in the oven for another 1-2 mins.


♦ ♦ ♦ ♦


2nd Tray


2nd Tray:

150℃ for 19 mins

Rested for 35 mins

Oven Setting: Gratin (8mins) +


Pizza (7mins)


Gratin: (Top heating element + fan)


Pizza: (Bottom heating element + fan)


• • • • • •

Observation

(1)
Macaron surface slightly burnt. Concluded that 17 mins works best (Macarons are cooked + retaining it's color). At the 18th minute onwards, color will be slightly brown. Best to not add any coloring when testing out oven settings.

(2)
Feet was better. Lesser holes. Not really sure if the main problem was "Heat Distribution" or something else.



Right: From the 1st Tray
Left: From the 2nd Tray



Bottom of Macaron from the 2nd Tray.








Pairing them up according to size. Need more practice on my piping.
I tried the Lékué Macaron Baking Mat from Tangs (S$38) and most had uncooked-bottom issues. Had no luck with it just yet. Will get to the bottom of it, pronto! Will try Silpat next.













Making Oreo Chocolate Ganache for the filling.

Didn't measure the ingredients for the Ganache coz I was abit disappointed about not getting it perfect. Used Nestle Cream & White Chocolate block + some crushed Oreo bits + Vanilla essence.













RECIPE:

Makes 15 Macarons
(30 shells)

110g Pure Icing Sugar
60g Almond Meal
50g Egg White
2 1/2 tbsp Caster Sugar
6g Powdered Egg White


♦ ♦ ♦ ♦


Ok bye!


6 comments:

  1. Have you tried using the "special" macaron mat? I have one but dare not try as many bakers (on the internet) have posted negative comments about using it!
    Btw, love how you document all your process. You can publish a book one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you, yes I've tried. No luck for me too. 90% of my Macs were bottomless. May yours turn out perfect! :))

      Delete
  2. In that case, I shall keep the mat as a museum piece! Won't try to push my luck.
    Btw, do you normally bake on parchment paper! Have you tried the silicon pad or the Teflon baking sheet? Just curious as to what sort of baking surface produces less hollow shells. Yours looks full and fluffy *envy* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahhah! For me, silicon paper works better than parchment..though the price is slightly more. I also use Glads and Lacy's Baking Sheets.. I've never tried the ones from Teflon though. Should be fine I guess.. :)) Where do you document your maccies?? :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Maya, I don't really document my macaron baking journey though I do post them on Instagram. Will be trying out Oreo macs soon :)
    Am experimenting with 3D macarons now. Very challenging! :). Causing me sleepless nights! Haha...

    ReplyDelete